Postdoctoral Fellow in Cancer Biology
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7075043 (Ref #: hlj_29231)
- Posting Date: Feb 12, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Wan lab at Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Molecular Oncology is dedicated to understanding how protein post-translational modifications shape the proteomic network and how cancer cells rewiring central signaling pathways to gain proliferative advantage as well as to escape immune surveillance. The lab uses multidisciplinary approaches to address a very dynamic range of scientific questions in cancer biology and beyond. Postdoctoral fellows in the lab are encouraged to receive career development training for future independent research positions.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Experienced in molecular biology, cell biology, and biochemistry techniques.
• Basic imaging techniques including immunofluorescence, living color imaging.
• Basic bioinformatics skills.
• Previous flow cytometry and immunology experience is a plus.
• Previous experience in proteomics and/or next-generation sequencing is a plus.
• Previous genetic mouse modeling and small animal imaging experience is a plus.
• Work with PI on the project planning; design and conduct experiments independently; document and organize the data routinely.
• Learn and develop research techniques and lab protocols.
• Develop scientific writing and presentation skills.
• Work with collaborators and core facility staff on interdisciplinary experiments.
• Supervise research assistants and graduate students.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• MD or PhD in Cancer Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Immunology, Genetics or related.
Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Lixin Wan (Lixin.Wan@moffitt.org).
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.