Postdoctoral Fellow: Bioinformatics, Single-Cell Genomics, And Neurotherapeutics
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7075546 (Ref #: 3cb946e8)
- Posting Date: Feb 27, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are seeking 2 Postdoctoral Research Fellow to join the Network Medicine and Artificial Intelligence (AI) research group (https://www.lerner.ccf.org/gmi/cheng/) led by Dr. Feixiong Cheng at the Genomic Medicine Institute, Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute, and Department of Molecular Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University. The primary goal of Cheng group is to combine tools from electronic health record (EHR), genetics and genomics, chemical biology, network medicine, AI, bioinformatics, computational biology, and experimental systems biology assays (e.g., single-cell/nucleus sequencing and hiPSC-derived cardiomyocytes and neurons), to address the challenging questions toward understanding of complex diseases (including Alzheimer's disease [https://alzgps.lerner.ccf.org], Cardio-Oncology [https://mutanome.lerner.ccf.org], and COVID-19), which could have a major impact in identifying novel real-world data-driven diagnostic biomarkers and therapeutic targets for precision medicine (Nature Genetics 2021, Genome Biology 2021, Genome Research 2021, PLOS Biology 2020, Lancet Digital Health 2020, and Nature Communications 2019a, 2019b and 2018).
A highly motivated candidate will join our NIH-funded research projects focusing on analyzing, visualizing, and mining data from real-world (e.g., EHRs and healthcare claims) and experiments that profile the molecular state of human cells and tissues by interactomics (protein-protein interactions), transcriptomics, genomics, proteomics, radiomics, and metabolomics for drug discovery and precision patient care. The postdoctoral fellow will have great opportunities to collaborate with diverse groups of physicians, genetics, and computational biologists, and get access the large-scale patient data at the Genomic Medicine Institute, Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute, Taussig Cancer Institute at Cleveland Clinic, The Cleveland Alzheimer's Disease Research Center (CADRC) at the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, and Case Comprehensive Cancer Center at the Case Western Reserve University.
- Highly motivated candidates with a PhD/MD degree in systems biology, network science, computational biology, chemical biology, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), bioinformatics, mathematical biology, mathematics, data science, genome science, pharmacogenomics, and related fields are encouraged to apply.
- A strong computational background, proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g., R, Python, Perl, C++, Java) and knowledge of statistics and mathematics are required.
- Training experience in artificial intelligence (such as machine learning and deep learning), experience working in high computing cluster environment, experience working with TCGA, ICGC, GTEx, 1000 Genomes, UK-biobank, ENCODE, or ExAC, PDB, or other large-scale DNA/RNA-seq (including both bulk and single-cell/nucleus) data analysis is highly preferred.
- A good understanding of biology, genetics and genomics, cell signaling networks, pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD), and human protein-protein interactome is also preferred.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a cover letter describing your research experience/skills and future research statement/plan (2-3 pages), a curriculum vitae and the contact information of three referees to Dr. Feixiong Cheng (email@example.com) with the subject line ‘Postdoc-Application - Your Name’.
Application Deadline: Positions are open immediately until filled. Please apply before April 30, 2021.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.