Postdoc in Molecular and Genetic Epidemiology of Melanoma
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7076434 (Ref #: hlj_29931)
- Posting Date: Mar 26, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
An Applied Post-doctoral Research position is available in the Department of Cancer Epidemiology at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute under the primary mentorship of Dr. Peter Kanetsky. He seeks a highly motivated individual with interests in the molecular and genetic epidemiology of melanoma and behaviors related to skin cancer prevention. This position is available immediately. The post-doctoral training period is designed to prepare fellows for careers as independent investigators engaged in cancer epidemiological research.
Numerous analytic projects are immediately available drawing the vast resources of GenoMEL—the international melanoma genetic consortium—with a focus on familial melanoma and from skin cancer behavioral intervention studies. Other research opportunities are also available. Development of an independent project over the course of the traineeship is expected.
• Access to highly innovative research data, incorporating environmental and genetic biomarkers.
• Opportunities to publish research findings in high impact journals and generate preliminary data for future grant applications.
• Exposure to a broad spectrum of ongoing research led by faculty members of Moffitt’s Center of Excellence in Melanoma.
• Networking in large international research consortia.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Formal training in epidemiology; expertise in oncology and genetic epidemiology; interest in translational studies.
• Experience writing manuscripts and publishing peer reviewed articles.
• Experience preparing grant submissions.
• Proficiency in statistical analyses and SAS programming.
• Run analyses
• Write manuscripts
• Draft grant proposals
• Develop his/her own research projects
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Minimum Qualifications: PhD, strong writing and analytic skills, ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, working knowledge of genetics, proficiency in basic statistical analysis and programing (e.g. in SAS, R).
• Preferred Qualifications: A candidate should have a doctoral degree in epidemiology or related field. Familiarity with analysis of lifestyle data will be beneficial.
Moffitt offers a competitive salary and full benefits. Located in Tampa, Florida, this position requires someone who can appreciate the sunshine, great beaches, year-round golf, biking, tennis and other recreation, and easy living associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida. Tampa is a city with culture, restaurants and a high quality of life. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.