- Stony Brook University
- Location: Stony Brook, NY
- Job Number: 7076464
- Posting Date: Mar 26, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPostdoctoral Associate
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Doctoral degree (or foreign equivalent) in Immunology, Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular or Cell Biology, or applied Biomolecular sciences. Experience with advanced independent research including cell culture, animal work mice, ELISA, antibody production and purification, FACS analysis of T and B cell populations. Publication in peer reviewed Journal (in press or published).
Postdoctoral degree (or foreign equivalent) in Immunology. Experience with hybridoma techniques and techniques such as cloning of human antibodies. Humanizing murine antibodies experience. Experience with site directed mutagenesis, phage display and/or advanced microscopy.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Postdoctoral Associate will conduct research and ensure that all experiments are appropriately conducted following the policies and procedures of Stony Brook University. This includes:
• Screening and generating antibody producing cell lines. Developing methods to humanize murine antibodies and clone new hybridoma cell lines.
• Performing in vivo animal studies. Analyzing antibody efficacy in vitro
• Maintaining animal protocols. Organizing database for access.
The Postdoctoral Associate will assist the Principal Investigator in the department of Infectious Diseases.
• Perform cell culture and mouse vaccine studies, antibody cloning, purification quantification and analysis, molecular cloning of antibodies, FACS analysis, phagocytosis assays, immunostaining.
• Assist with purification of polysaccharide and experiments in vitro and in vivo to assess antibody efficacy, purification of cells and antibodies from human blood.
• Assist with lab organization, ordering lab supplies, library research, and perform inventory on supplies.
• Other duties as necessary.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption. Evening and weekend work will be required at times.
Visit https://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/postdoc/ to learn more about our postdoctoral community.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at (631) 632-6280 or visit https://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/oea/.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewedhttps://www.stonybrook.edu/police/.
Visit ourhttps://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/jobs/working-here/index.php page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2201145
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.