Postdoctoral Fellow – Modeling Human Immune Responses in Human Organ Chips
- The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University
- Location: Boston, MA
- Job Number: 7076657
- Posting Date: Apr 1, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionAbout the Wyss:
The mission of the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University is to transform human healthcare and the environment by emulating the way nature builds. Developed as an alliance between Harvard and other premier academic and clinical partner institutions, Institute faculty and staff collaborate in high-risk, fundamental research and science-driven technology development. A major focus of the Institute is to translate the technologies developed by its faculty and staff into commercial products and therapies through collaborations with clinical investigators and establishment of corporate alliances.
The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University seeks outstanding postdoctoral applicants with expertise and knowledge in the areas of human immunology, oncology, B cell biology, T cell memory and vaccines to join an interdisciplinary team of biologists and engineers. The project with focus on using human organ-on-a-chip (Organ Chip) microfluidic culture devices we have created to study and model human immune responses to vaccines, pathogens, tumors and therapeutics.
What You’ll Need:
- Ph.D. or M.D.
- Proven record of high-quality publications in human or mouse immunology
- Strong interest in contributing to multidisciplinary teams (engineers, biologists/physiologists, clinicians) is critical for this position
- Expertise in in vitro culture and characterization of immune cells well as strong knowledge of flow cytometry and basic molecular and cell biology concepts and techniques is a must