Postdoctoral Fellow – Modeling Cancer in Human Organ Chips
- The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University
- Location: Boston, MA
- Job Number: 7076661
- Posting Date: Apr 1, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionAbout the Wyss:
The mission of the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University is to transform human healthcare and the environment by emulating the way nature builds. Developed as an alliance between Harvard and other premier academic and clinical partner institutions, Institute faculty and staff collaborate in high-risk, fundamental research and science-driven technology development. A major focus of the Institute is to translate the technologies developed by its faculty and staff into commercial products and therapies through collaborations with clinical investigators and establishment of corporate alliances.
The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University invites applications for a postdoctoral fellow position in the Biomimetic Microsystems platform. We seek outstanding postdoctoral applicants with expertise and knowledge of cancer biology to join an interdisciplinary team of biologists and engineers for the development of novel in vitro human organ-on-chip microsystems technologies to study and model cancer growth, metastasis, and cancer drug discovery.
What You’ll need:
- Ph.D. and/or M.D.
- Proven record of high-quality publications in the field of cancer biology
- Strong interest in contributing to multidisciplinary teams (engineers, biologists/physiologists, clinicians) is critical for this position
- Expertise in working with different types of cancer, 2D/3D in vitro cancer cell culture as well as knowledge of basic molecular and cell biology concepts and techniques is a must
- Previous work with microfluidics is an advantage.