Postdoctoral Fellow – Development of Biomimetic Microsystems Aimed at Modeling Gastrointestinal Disorders
- The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University
- Location: Boston, MA
- Job Number: 7076664
- Posting Date: Apr 1, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionAbout the Wyss:
The mission of the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University is to transform human healthcare and the environment by emulating the way nature builds. Developed as an alliance between Harvard and other premier academic and clinical partner institutions, Institute faculty and staff collaborate in high-risk, fundamental research and science-driven technology development. A major focus of the Institute is to translate the technologies developed by its faculty and staff into commercial products and therapies through collaborations with clinical investigators and establishment of corporate alliances.
The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University seeks outstanding postdoctoral applicants with expertise in intestinal cell biology and physiology and/or surface barrier (mucosal) inflammation to join an interdisciplinary team of biologists and engineers for the development of novel in vitro organ-on-chip microsystems technologies to study and model gastrointestinal disorders.
What You’ll Need:
- Ph.D. or M.D.
- Proven record of high-quality publications in intestinal cell biology and/or inflammation
- Strong interest in contributing to multidisciplinary teams (engineers, biologists/physiologists, clinicians) is critical for this position
- Expertise in in vitro culture of intestinal cells, as well as knowledge of basic molecular and cell biology concepts and techniques is a must
- Experience with stem cell culture/differentiation would be beneficial but not necessary