Coordinator of Aquatics and Recreation
- Ball State University
- Location: Muncie, IN
- Job Number: 7076755 (Ref #: BSUhttps://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/24513)
- Posting Date: Apr 6, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Ball State University Recreation Services is looking to add an additional member to its staff, the Coordinator of Aquatics and Recreation. Recreation Services, a department within Business and Auxiliary Services, has a reputation of managing facilities and programs in a safe, customer service oriented, and professional way. Recreation Services is looking for someone with the appropriate qualifications, certifications, and demeanor to manage multiple programs, areas, events, and students, while at the same time contributing to a positive work atmosphere.
Job Function:Provide support in all operational functions of Recreation Services. Areas include but are not limited to the management of student staff and situations in: aquatics, programs, facilities, marketing, membership services, Recreation Services events, and Sport Facilities events. Programs include but are not limited to: coverage of all programs (Learn to Swim, Family Swim, Master’s Swim, Youth and Family Programming and others), intramural sports, and club sport events. Ability to work nights and weekends.
Minimum Education:Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education, credentials, certification and experience.
Preferred Education:Master’s degree in recreation administration, sport administration, or related field from an accredited College or University or an equivalent combination of education, credentials, certification and experience.
Minimum Experience:At least one year of full-time recreation experience (a two-year graduate assistant position is equivalent to one year of experience); at least one year of direct management of student staff, facility risk management experience, management in aquatics or other university related programming. Maintain and possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the university’s auto fleet policy.
Preferred Experience:At least two years of professional experience in college or university recreation aquatics, programs, facilities, and events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer and further develop, plan, and coordinate a comprehensive university recreation program that includes but is not limited to Aquatics, Intramural Sports, Sport Clubs, and Youth and Family Programs. Other areas include the management Recreation Services marketing, membership services, and event management.
- Management of other areas may include, but will not be limited to: Outdoor Pursuits Climbing Wall, Rental Center, Trips, Facilities, Aquatic Programming, Informal Programing, Rec Fit, Informal Recreation Spaces and other Recreation Services facilities and programs as needed.
- Recruit, hire, train, and develop staff such as student employees, while actively promoting and developing opportunities for those students.
- Manage the risk, financial, travel, allocation of finances, purchasing, and trademark compliance associated with the areas of Aquatics, Facilities, Intramural Sports Program, Sport Club Program, and Community Programs. Assist in the CPR/AED/First-Aid certification process for all staff and program participants.
- Provide an effective risk management plan for all areas of responsibility. Provide an environment that is safe, conducive for social fellowship, and meaningful interactions for all participants.
- Manage financial resources, including student payroll, in accordance with university policies and procedures. Assist in the oversight of accurate accounting and management of all financial transactions associated with the areas of aquatics, facilities, informal programming, intramural sports, sport clubs, community programs, and event management.
- Develop annual goals and objectives, which accurately reflect the operations of the Office of Sports Facilities and Recreation Services, as well as the goals and mission of Ball State University.
- Develop, create, and maintain program reports for the areas of aquatics, facilities, informal programming, intramural sports program, sport club program, and community programs, and events. Maintaining industry standards, evaluation, and assessment of all programs completed as assigned.
- Provide support in the procurement and management equipment and supplies of all areas including aquatics, facilities, informal programming, intramural sports, sport clubs, events and community programs.
- Provide on-call support throughout the course of the year to help in the oversight of all areas, events, or programs related to the Office of Sports Facilities and Recreation Services.
- Provide support to fellow Coordinators and Director of Recreation in other programs as assigned, including special event coverage and promotional events.
- Provide support with the management of full-time field facility attendances for custodial and event set-up and tear-down needs.
- Establish working relationships with individuals, university departments, organizations, as well as outside agencies and groups as assigned.
- Contribute and maintain professional leadership, communication, and positive behavior to all internal and external patrons. Behavior should serve as a positive reinforcement to the decisions, philosophies, and judgements of the leadership team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.