Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Georgia State University Institute for Biomedical Sciences
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Job Number: 7077694
- Posting Date: Apr 27, 2021
Job DescriptionPostdoctoral Fellow in COVID-19 at Georgia State University
Two Postdoctoral Research Associate positions are available immediately at the Institute for Biomedical Sciences (IBMS), Georgia State University (GSU). IBMS at the GSU is a leading research and education institute with excellent research environment and advanced research facilities. We study coronaviruses, particularly SARS-CoV-2 (the causative agent of COVID-19), SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV, and other viral pathogens with pandemic potential (Nat Biomed Eng. 2020;4(12):1134; Cell Res. 2020;30(10):932; Trends Immunol. 2020;41(5):355). We are seeking highly motivated postdoctoral applicants with strong expertise in virology, immunology, molecular biology, or cell biology to design and develop vaccines and therapeutics against these viruses, including SARS-CoV-2, and understand their pathogenic mechanisms.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
• Successful candidates will design and conduct independent research to understand viral infection and pathogenic mechanisms, as well as develop vaccines, therapeutic antibodies, and antiviral drugs.
• Work independently with high motivation and a strong publication record
• Design and conduct experiments, prepare protocols and slides, summarise experimental data, and assist with progress reports and papers, etc.
• Ph.D. or an equivalent degree in virology, immunology, molecular biology, cell biology, or a related field
• Expertise in basic molecular/cell biology/immunology techniques (molecular cloning, cell culture, Western blot, flow cytometry, ELISA, protein expression and purification, etc.) and animal (mouse)-related experiments is a must
• Excellent oral communication and written skills in English, with good organizational and analytical abilities
Preferred Hiring Qualifications
• Experience in virus culture, neutralization detection, and viral challenge studies is highly desirable
• Previous experience of working in BSL-3 laboratories is a plus
• Resume, including a list of publications
• Names of three professional references
College/University: Institute for Biomedical Sciences, Georgia State University
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experiences
The position is expected to start immediately. Please send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Institute for Biomedical Sciences (https://biomedical.gsu.edu/), Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA, USA.
Georgia State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.