Postdoctoral Scholar - Ashworth Lab UCSF
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Job Number: 7077770
- Posting Date: Apr 29, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe Ashworth Laboratory at UCSF has openings for talented postdoctoral fellows to join our team. In previous work we have used genetic principles such as synthetic lethality to develop new treatments for cancer. The focus of our research is to use functional genomics to identify genes that mediate tumor response and to leverage this information to develop novel cancer therapies. We have ongoing projects investigating responses to both small molecule inhibitors as well as immune cells. The lab is well funded and has access to high throughput screening technologies both genetic and chemical, an experienced bioinformatics team as well as the multiple core facilities available at UCSF.
1. A passion for engagement in scientific discovery and the commitment to bring ambitious projects to completion;
2. Recently earned MD and/or PhD degree(s) in a life science or related discipline relevant to this research (e.g. biochemistry, bioinformatics, molecular biology, immunology), with no more than 3 years of prior postdoctoral research experience;
3. A strong background in molecular techniques related to tumor cell biology. Prior experience in molecular biology, mammalian tissue culture, molecular cloning, western blotting, protein purification, CRISPR, high throughput screening and cancer bioinformatics is highly desired. Consideration will also be given to candidates with drug development expertise;
4. Demonstrated ability to independently design and execute experiments, interpret data and design appropriate follow up studies;
5. A solid publication record including at least one first author publication written by the applicant and published or accepted for publication in a reputable peer reviewed journal;
6. Fluency in English and the interpersonal skills required participate in collaborations and to teach junior members of the laboratory.
Start date is negotiable.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV with a list of publications and prior research experience, and names/contact information for 3 references. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.