Postdoctoral Fellow – Mathematical Immuno-Oncology
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7078234 (Ref #: hlj_30252)
- Posting Date: May 11, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A post-doctoral fellowship is available in the computational laboratory of Dr. Kasia Rejniak on a new exciting project funded by the NIH/NCI grant: “Mathematical Model-Guided Adoptive Immunotherapy in Bladder Cancer”. Rejniak Lab is a part of the Integrated Mathematical Oncology Department. More information about our lab and research can be found at: http://labpages.moffitt.org/rejniakk/. This position can be filled immediately by a talented scientist with strong expertise in mathematical modeling and computational programming.
• Development of novel predictive mathematical models of a cutting edge new anti-cancer treatment: an adoptive T cell therapy.
• Working in close collaboration with cancer immunologists and clinicians.
• Vibrant, multi-disciplinary, and diverse research and education environment.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Strong background in mathematical and computational methods for modeling biological systems (ODEs, PDEs, and/or ABMs).
• Knowledge of modeling in immunotherapy or immunology is preferred.
• Knowledge of optimization techniques is a plus.
• High motivation, enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary team.
• Design and implement comptational models, plan, conduct and document simulation results independently; analyze and visualize model results.
• Collaborate with researchers from wet labs to integrate laboratory data with in silico models, and to generate experimentally testable hypotheses.
• Develop scientific writing and presentation skills; write research reports and scientific publications.
• Present research results to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• PhD and background in applied mathematics, engineering, physics, or a related computational discipline.
• Excellent programming skills.
You will be eligible for benefits offered to our Team Members – Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, low cost of living and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Rejniak at Kasia.Rejniak@moffitt.org and apply online.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.