DHS TSL Visiting Scientist Fellowship Program 2021
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security Transportation Security Laboratory
- Location: Atlantic City, NJ
- Job Number: 7078372
- Posting Date: May 12, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is offering research opportunities for their Visiting Scientist Program at the Transportation Security Laboratory (TSL). These research opportunities are open to faculty as well as applicants with technical or research post-degree experience. Ideal applicants will be interested in adding their perspective and expertise to innovative research in threat detection technology while learning from and collaborating with a highly skilled team of TSL staff and researchers in a unique laboratory setting.
Within the proposed project, there are multiple opportunities available to engage in your applied research and evaluation interests. These include, but are not limited to,
• Deep learning algorithm testing
• Synthetic signature and/or image generation
• Data manipulation and quality assurance
• Threat analysis testing and evaluation
Location: Atlantic City, NJ
Anticipated Start Date: TSL is ready to make appointments immediately. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis and fellowships will be filled as soon as qualified candidates are identified.
• Stipend starting at $80,000 based on your academic level and experience
• Health Insurance Allowance
• Relocation Allowance up to $5,000, if you are located more than 50 miles one way from the hosting facility.
• Have received or expect to complete all requirements for a Doctoral degree by the anticipated start date. Applicants currently pursuing a doctoral degree must provide proof of completion of all degree requirements before the fellowship start date.
• Be a U.S. Citizen