Electric Power Systems and Electricity Market Operations Modeler
- Location: Knoxville, TN, NC
- Job Number: 7080743
- Posting Date: Jul 2, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Summary and Description:
Performs complex engineering/ scientific analysis with moderate direction and supervision. Works directly with EPRI staff and moderate interaction with members and industry.
• Conducts technical searches and analyzes information in support of the project team.
• May conduct independent research.
• Assists Project/Program managers in assessing customer needs, formulating technical approaches, preparing proposals, technical publications/papers, and making presentations.
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must have satisfied requirements of entry level engineer/scientist and have 2-3 years of engineering experience or comparable work/educational experience required.
• Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
• Present research externally
• Understand how work fits across technical area
• Requires supervision and guidance to conduct specific research tasks and complete projects
• Works closely with contractors or staff to complete project research
• May participate in multiple projects
• Individual contributor
Additional Job Information:
The candidate can expect the following specific tasks and roles:
Working closely with the ISOs and RTOs of North America facilitating collaboration and understanding research needs
Working closely with the DOE and National Laboratories on electricity market operations research and ability of emerging technologies to provide grid services
Support in hosting webcasts, presenting at utility and ISO member meetings
Running commercial software applications in unique ways to solve key challenges in innovative ways
Evaluating ways in which software and existing practices can be enhanced to improve economic efficiency and reliability through software development and/or analysis
Mentoring and day-to-day supervision of student interns may be required
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S. visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Electricity.