Postdoctoral Researcher - Resource Adequacy
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Job Number: 7080745 (Ref #: Req-1478)
- Posting Date: Jul 2, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Summary and Description:
Performs complex engineering/ scientific analysis with moderate direction and supervision. Works directly with EPRI staff and moderate interaction with members and industry.
• Conducts technical searches and analyzes information in support of the project team.
• May conduct independent research.
• Assists Project/Program managers in assessing customer needs, formulating technical approaches, preparing proposals, technical publications/papers, and making presentations.
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must have satisfied requirements of entry level engineer/scientist and have 2-3 years of engineering experience or comparable work/educational experience required.
• Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
• Present research externally
• Understand how work fits across technical area
• Requires supervision and guidance to conduct specific research tasks and complete projects
• Works closely with contractors or staff to complete project research
• May participate in multiple projects
• Individual contributor
Additional Job Information:
EPRI’s grid operations and planning team has a strong track record tackling renewable and energy systems integration issues with utilities, TSOs and partners around the world. The team is leading a large industry collaborative focused on modernizing resource adequacy.
This position will support EPRI teams to identify, create and transfer to action the tools, methods and experience needed by systems to assess resource adequacy into the future.
This person will specifically:
Contribute to and lead research in various aspects of the grid planning and bulk system renewable integration research areas
Require excellent research and analytical skills
Be able to work with light supervision across a diverse team
Support other staff in carrying out projects and communicate findings with members and other stakeholders
Require ability to lead smaller projects and work on multiple projects, including contributing to larger projects as part of a team.
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S. visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Electricity.