Postdoctoral Research Associate in Data Science and Systems Biology
- University of Virginia
- Location: Charlottesville, VA
- Job Number: 7080755
- Posting Date: Jul 2, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe University of Virginia School of Data Science and Department of Biomedical Engineering have an exciting opportunity for a postdoctoral research associate to work with Dr. Heman Shakeri and Dr. Mohammad Fallahi-Sichani on data-driven identification and control of complex biological systems. The work involves new approaches to the analysis of single-cell data with broad applications toward understanding the mechanisms of cell signaling and heterogeneous responses of cancer cells to cancer treatments. Developing new computational and mathematical methods and models in these areas has the potential to yield both theoretical and applied research publications.
· A PhD in statistics, data science, computer science, engineering, mathematics or other quantitative fields by the start date of the position.
· Interest in: (i) applied statistical modelling and machine learning; (ii) modelling complex systems; (iii) control theory; and (iv) demonstrated proficiency with a modern programming language appropriate for statistical modelling and machine learning (Python, R, or MATLAB).
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, demonstrated through the development of publications and delivery of presentations.
· Motivated, enthusiastic, and collaborative.
This position is based at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia. The initial appointment is for 1 year, with 1 year of additional funding available, contingent upon progress.
The position is available starting from Spring 2022, but a start date is negotiable.
The selected applicant will be required to complete a background check prior to their first day of employment per University policy.
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for “R0026127".
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, search for “R026127”
Complete an application online and attach:
Contact information for 3 references
***Please note that you MUST upload ALL documents into the CV/Resume box.
Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration.***
For questions about the application process please contact Rhiannon O'Coin, Senior Academic Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about the position please contact email@example.com.