Clinical Speech Pathologist School Fellow
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7082583 (Ref #: 133294)
- Posting Date: Aug 9, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs diagnostic speech pathology test procedures and evaluates communication and swallowing function of patients under the supervision of a Senior Clinical Speech Pathologist.
- Interprets and reports test results to facilitate medical diagnosis.
- Provides counseling and education about communication and the diagnosis to patients and their families.
- Determines therapeutic plan, including need for therapy, frequency of treatment, focus for intervention, prognosis and duration of therapy.
- Selects assistive speech devices to improve patient's communication, performs re-evaluation to determine progress after therapy under the supervision of a Senior Clinical Speech Pathologist.
- Provides observations about hearing and other behavior to help determine need for other services.
- Maintains records of all services.
- Communicates results and recommendations for improving communicative function to referral sources and outside agencies such schools and employers.
- Maintains speech pathology equipment and materials.
- Assists with planning, budget, service or project development, fee setting, purchase of new equipment or materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's in Speech Language Pathology.
- Must hold or be eligible for a Speech-Language Pathology Conditional License (COND.SP) from the State Board of Speech Language Pathology & Audiology.
- Must hold Conditional License in current state upon start date. Meets all academic and practicum guidelines established by the American Speech Language Hearing Association, for Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- This is a one year, first year position and other length an type of experience requirements are not necessary.
- Experience with students with autism
- Experience with ABA techniques
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity to perform tests.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: ABA, autism
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.