- In Vitro Diagnostic Solutions
- Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
- Job Number: 7083614
- Posting Date: Aug 23, 2021
- Application Deadline: Sep 10, 2021
Job DescriptionJob description Scientist
In Vitro Diagnostic Solutions (IVDS) focuses on the research and development of point-of-care (POC) testing for the semi-quantitative and quantitative determination of novel and rare metabolites. Our technology is based on enzymatic redox colorimetric dry phase chemistries. IVDS aims to develop solutions for the healthcare, veterinary, and consumer markets. Our company has brought 10 FDA-approved products to market for diagnostic use, published 7 U.S. patents, and co-authored 16 SBIR grants.
IVDS is currently seeking a Ph.D. to support the development of POC tests for the semi-quantitative and quantitative determination of novel/rare metabolites. The R&D team is looking for a driven, multi-faceted candidate who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The Ph.D. candidate will dive into device prototyping and early manufacturing process explorations in a laboratory setting. He/or she will support several awards from the National Institute of Health (NIH). This role will involve sensor development, experimental design, bench testing, and working with bodily fluids.
• Optimize assay designs to maximize performance, production, and cost-efficiency.
• Perform research related to improving and expanding core technology capabilities.
• Analyze experimental results and provide written reports and oral presentations to executives.
• Investigate problem areas and areas of desirable product improvement.
• Transfer assay design to mass production.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with other scientists, chemists, engineers, and manufacturing personnel.
• Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biomedical/Chemical Engineering or closely related field with a minimum of 1-5 years (Ph.D.) of full-time laboratory experience in an industrial setting
Desired Knowledge & Skills:
• Working experience with all aspects of biological assay development and operation, specifically Vertical Flow Assay development, manufacturer, and design.
• Demonstrate scientific and technical proficiency in enzymatic and non-enzymatic biosensors and knowledge of enzyme and protein immobilization and stabilization.
• Knowledge of analytical methods and techniques (spectroscopy, colorimetry, electrochemistry).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Ability to follow complex protocols accurately and reproducibly.
• Keen powers of observation, able to identify and capture critical insights associated with experiments/protocols.
• Takes ownership of tasks and problems and provides solutions.
• Self-starter with a work ethic who can work independently, but who also functions well in a collaborative team environment.
• Demonstrated soft skills: able to maintain excellent rapport with colleagues in the face of tight timelines.
• Experience in IVD assay development.
• Experience with membrane-based assays is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Training and career development.
• Health care including medical, dental, vision.
• Paid time off.
Immigration sponsorship is currently not available for this role. IVDS currently does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency.
The job position is located in Cherry Hill, NJ. For more information, please visit our company website: www.ivd.solutions. For consideration, please send your resume to Robert@ivd.solutions.