Nanofabrication for Optoelectronic Applications
- KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)
- Location: Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Job Number: 7083966
- Posting Date: Aug 26, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionNanofabrication for Optoelectronic Applications
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology: Postdoc Positions: Physical Science and Engineering Division (postdoc): Material Science and Engineering (postdoc)
Location : King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
Open Date : Aug 16, 2021
The Division of Physical Science & Engineering at King Abdullah University of Science & Technology (KAUST) invites applications for a Postdoctoral research position at the Semiconductors and Materials Spectroscopy (SMS) Laboratory, http://spectroscopy.kaust.edu.sa
Division of Physical Science & Engineering., King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
The review of applications will begin immediately, and applicants are strongly encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible; however, applications will candidates will continue to be considered until the position is filled.
• Fabrication of visible/UV/DUV devices and optoelectronics.
• Materials: oxides, III-Nitride semiconductors, perovskite. • Growth of semiconductor nanostructures, perovskite synthesis.
Job Requirements and Description:
Applications are invited for a post-doctoral research position, in a Semiconductors and Materials Spectroscopy (spectroscopy.kaust.edu.sa) within Physical Science and Engineering Division at KAUST, equipped with world-class laser facilities and advanced spectroscopic instrumentation: CW laser, ultrafast Ti: Sapphire laser attached to second/third harmonic generator and streak camera and the optical parametric oscillator (OPO).
Our Semiconductor and Material Spectroscopy group investigate the wide band gap semiconductor based on GaN and related materials for optoelectronic applications. Our group set collaborations with different international institutes throughout the world to solve global problems related to environments using optoelectronic technology involving such as, Imperial College London, University of Strathclyde, University of Cambridge, University of Ottawa and Chinese Academy of Sciences.
List of Duties and Responsibilities of the Post
• Carrying out cleanroom fabrication using solution and vacuum processes- e-beam lithography, e-beam deposition, sputtering.
• In consultation with supervisor, deciding on research directions and goals, within remit of original project proposal.
• Contributing to the documentation of all research results for inclusion in papers, reports and presentations, and contributing to the preparation of papers through completed drafts, reports and presentations.
• Supporting of less experienced members of the project team eg PhD students
• Contributing to the preparation of technical reports for grant awarding bodies.
• Developing and maintaining external collaborations.
• Carrying out duties assigned by the research supervisor.
• Planning experimental activities and working towards deadlines.
• Maintaining co-operation at all levels with external bodies.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is being established in Saudi Arabia as an international graduate-level research university dedicated to inspiring a new age of scientific achievement that will benefit the region and the world. As an independent and merit-based institution and one of the best endowed universities in the world, KAUST intends to become a major new contributor to the global network of collaborative research. It will enable researchers from around the globe to work together to solve challenging scientific and technological problems.
The admission of students, the appointment, promotion and retention of faculty and staff and all the educational, administrative and other activities of the University shall be conducted on the basis of equality, without regard to race, color, religion or gender. Further information can be found at www.kaust.edu.sa.
The position, initially available for one year, will be extended subject to the award of further funding.
Salary and Benefits:
Remuneration will be competitive, and commensurate with the applicant's qualifications and experience.
In addition, the appointment includes the following benefits:
(i) Fully-furnished shared housing (including utilities) is provided at no cost to the postdoctoral fellow,
(iii) Relocation allowances are provided at the beginning of contract,
(iv) Health insurance is provided, and
(v) 20 Days of paid vacation leave.
• A doctorate in a relevant discipline area, such as Physics, chemistry, materials science, and optoelectronics.
• Demonstrated experience in the fabrication of LED/ Photovoltaics.
• Demonstrated experience in the cleanroom fabrication of thin films by solution and vacuum processes- e-beam lithography, e-beam deposition, sputtering.
• A solid theoretical background in the area of optoelectronic devices.
• Experience of optical/electrical characterization of semiconductor nanostructures/devices
• Experience on perovskite synthesis/devices will be an advantage but not required
• High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team at national and international conferences.
• High level of self-motivation, professional competence and a good command of oral and written English, PC skills, the ability to work in a team as well as alone, and good organizational skills are essential.
• A record of publications in quality, peer reviewed journals
Apply at https://apptrkr.com/2441847
1. A complete professional CV, including educational background, experience, and a list of publications.
2. Names, affiliation, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three individuals who could provide letters of reference.
Please send your application documents in full (cover letter, CV, certificates, publication list, references, etc.) online by email (email@example.com).
For more information, visit our website: https://spectroscopy.kaust.edu.sa/