Postdoctoral Fellow - Kun Li Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL
- Job Number: 7084738 (Ref #: 138122)
- Posting Date: Sep 4, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator: Kun Li, PhD
Department: Florida Research and Innovation Center (FRIC)
Lab Research Topics:
Dr. Kun Li’s laboratory is interested in the pathogenesis and treatment of highly pathogenic respiratory human coronavirus infections (MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2). The laboratory also investigates host-pathogen interactions in airway epithelial cells by multidisciplinary approaches. The laboratory has developed reverse genetics systems to introducing mutations to coronavirus genome and mouse models of viral infection to determine the role of host/pathogen factor in disease pathogenesis. The goal is to develop therapeutics for coronavirus infection.
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Design, perform experiments and collect data.
- Data/Research Analysis and Evaluation.
- Prepare manuscripts for publication, present results in departmental seminars and at professional meetings.
- Assist with developing new proposals for research.
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
- Highly motivated candidates with a PhD, MD, or MD/PhD degree.
- Experience in a BSL-2 or BSL-3 environment is highly desirable.
- Experience with murine models is preferred.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- The ability to work independently, collaboratively, and collegially.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of 3 references
Contact: Anne Gambardella firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords:Postdoc, Research, Cleveland Clinic, Lerner Research Institute, Florida Research and Innovation Center, Global Center for Pathogen Research and Human Health
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.