Postdoctoral Fellow - K. P. Connie Tam
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7085613 (Ref #: 120652)
- Posting Date: Sep 18, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator: K. P. Connie Tam, PhD
Department: Ophthalmic Research
Lab Research Topics:
- Epithelial immunity
- Wound healing
- Antimicrobial peptides
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation.
- Design, develop, implement and conduct experiments to accomplish research goals.
- Present research findings at meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Maintain good record keeping of research activities, protocols and data.
- Prepare manuscripts for publication.
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Strong background in cell biology, cell signaling, biochemistry or immunology.
- Experience with mouse models of inflammatory diseases.
- High competence in scientific presentation (both verbal and written).
- Excellent project management skills and adaptability to handle multiple tasks and complex projects.
- Driven, diligent, able to work independently and collaboratively.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three references.
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Innate immunity, Epithelium, Neutrophil, Macrophage, Eye, Cornea, Bacteria, Antibiotic resistance, Signaling, Pathway, Autophagy, Homeostasis, Infectious diseases
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.