Threat Detection Technology Postdoctoral Research Scientist
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security Transportation Security Laboratory
- Location: Atlantic City, NJ
- Job Number: 7085806
- Posting Date: Sep 21, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Seeking Qualified Candidates Now
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is offering postdoctoral fellowships for their Visiting Scientist Program cohort at the Transportation Security Laboratory (TSL). You will join a cohort of postdocs in a new endeavor in threat detection technology and applied research, specifically related to synthetic data generation, testing, and evaluation.
The program is seeking postdocs that have experience in modeling and large data sets and have a foundational knowledge of the physics or engineering applicable in learning to create high-fidelity synthetic data. Within the proposed project, there are multiple opportunities available to engage in your applied research and evaluation interests. These include, but are not limited to,
• Deep learning algorithm testing
• Synthetic signature and/or image generation
• Data manipulation and quality assurance
• Threat analysis testing and evaluation
Location: Atlantic City, NJ
Anticipated Start Date: TSL is ready to make appointments immediately. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis and fellowships will be filled as soon as qualified candidates are identified.
• Stipend starting at $80,000 based on your academic level and experience
• Health Insurance Allowance
• Relocation Allowance up to $5,000, if you are located more than 50 miles one way from the hosting facility.
• Have received or expect to complete all requirements for a Doctoral degree by the anticipated start date. Applicants currently pursuing a doctoral degree must provide proof of completion of all degree requirements before the fellowship start date.
• Be a U.S. Citizen
Interested in this research opportunity? To learn more and apply, visit: