Applied Postdoctoral Fellow – Mathematical Cancer Modeling
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7085960 (Ref #: hlj_32952)
- Posting Date: Sep 23, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Applied Postdoctoral Fellow – Mathematical Cancer Modeling – Enderling Lab
One fully funded applied post-doctoral position is available to study the response of the complex tumor-immune ecosystem to radiotherapy. The Enderling Lab (http://lab.moffitt.org/enderling) develops clinically motivated and experimentally calibrated quantitative models that are informable with patient-specific data for personalized treatment recommendations. In close collaboration with experimentalists and clinicians, mathematical models that are parameterized with experimental and clinical data can help estimate patient-specific disease dynamics and treatment success. This positions us at the forefront of the advent of ‘virtual trials’ that predict personalized optimized treatment protocols. We have developed rigorous standards for predictive mathematical modeling, and developed frameworks of how to integrate mathematical modeling into clinical practice.
- Projects include assessment of tumor-immune interactions and perturbation by radiotherapy with different doses and dose fractionations in multiple cancer types, including head and neck, breast, and prostate.
- Opportunities exist to work closely with experimentalists and clinicians to calibrate and validate mathematical models with cancer data.
- Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs including T32 Training Grants.
- You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be familiar with mathematical biology (ODE, Agent-based modeling) and computer programming.
- Has C++ and Matlab proficiency.
- Highly motivated and independent.
- Willing to learn new techniques/protocols.
- Have good communication/written skills.
- Willing to write fellowship applications/manuscripts.
- Should be able to work in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Develop and execute research ideas.
- Assist in grant/manuscript writing.
- Training of other personnel.
- Accurate record-keeping.
- Present research in informal meetings and at local/national/international conferences.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- MD or Ph.D. in a relevant field is required.
- Should have at least one first Author research publication in a related subject.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.