Postdoctoral Research Assoc
- Northeastern University
- Location: Boston, MA
- Job Number: 7086002
- Posting Date: Sep 23, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionAbout Northeastern:
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern’s comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at Northeastern University is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate in energy storage. Opening for a postdoc researcher with financial aid is available in Professor Hongli Zhu’s group (website: http://www.coe.neu.edu/research/hongli_group/index.html). Appointments beginning in August 2021 are preferred. The successful candidate will work on a DOE project to develop the technology for the next generation of energy storage devices. The position will be responsible for conducting electrode, electrolyte and cell technology development, performance evaluation, analyze performance and make recommendations to improve performance. The applicant will work in the laboratory environment with synthetic and analytical chemistry equipment as well as generate data analysis and experimental reports documenting the experiments and the results obtained. Interested candidates should email a resume, research statement, and contact information for 3 references to Professor Hongli (Julie) Zhu (email@example.com).
• Developing synthetic approaches for preparing solid-state and polymer electrolytes for Li batteries and other advanced battery systems
• Performing structural and electrochemical characterization of electrode materials
• Studying the degradation mechanisms of battery electrodes
• Disseminating research findings with high-quality scientific papers and presentations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated and a self-starter with hands-on skills and abilities a must. Team-oriented attitude required
• Ph.D. degree in Electrochemistry, Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical/Mechanical Engineering, or closely related fields
• A strong background in synthesis, materials characterization, and electrochemistry
• Ability to work collaboratively with group members and internal/external colleagues
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and communication skills are a must.
• Skills at solid state and polymer electrolyte materials synthesis and characterization
• Flow batteries
• Experience in cell technology development, manufacturing batteries, building and testing prototype battery samples.