Postdoc--forest management, forest soil greenhouse gases, UAV application in forestry
- Zhejiang A&F University
- Location: Hangzhou, China
- Job Number: 7086162
- Posting Date: Sep 26, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Descriptions:
Zhejiang A&F University is located at the West Hangzhou Sci-tech Innovation Corridor. It is a key university in Zhejiang province, and a university jointly built by the People’s Government of Zhejiang Province and the National Forestry and Grassland Administration (NFGA). With 60-year history, ZAFU has well developed into a multi-disciplinary university featuring agriculture, forestry, biology and environment disciplines. At present, ZAFU has 5 key disciplines of NFGA and 4 top 1% disciplines in the field of ESI disciplines in the world. There are more than 2,100 faculty members, including 700 staff with senior titles. There are 16 full-time academicians and national high-level talents, and 144 provincial high-level talents.
To further enhance research and innovation, ZAFU College of Environmental and Resource Science has open post-doc positions in the following areas:
Areas in forest management, forest soil greenhouse gases, UAV application in forestry
Minimum Required Qualifications
1. Ph.D. degree in the related area within the last three years
2. Should be less than 35 years old (no more than 36)
3. Strong interest or experience in forest management questions
4. Within last five years, having published more than two papers on SCI journals as the first or corresponding author, OR the impact factor of one of your papers is above 4.0
1. International research experience
2. Excellent communication and writing skills
3. Abilities to conduct high-quality independent research
1. Preparation of scientific publications, data reports, and presentations
2. Willingness to assess and adapt to new tools and methodologies.
3. To maintain good documentation of analysis pipeline in keeping with good scientific practices
4. To act as the provider of skilled training in the research area to other members of the team
1. A competitive salary package
2. Apartments with preferential rent/price are available
Zhejiang A&F University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China
ZAFU website: https://www.zafu.edu.cn/; https://en.zafu.edu.cn/
ZAFU HR website: https://rsc.zafu.edu.cn/
ZAFU College of Environmental and Resource Science: https://et.zafu.edu.cn/
How to apply
Interested applicants could send an email with 1) a letter of interest that describes your qualifications for the job and anticipated contributions, 2) detailed CV including a list of publications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About ZAFU College of Environmental and Resource Science:
The research and innovation momentum of the college is quite strong. In the past five years, it has hosted more than 400 scientific research projects, including more than 55 major projects of national natural science fund, 973 subjects, 863 projects, general projects for the natural science fund, and 72 provincial and ministerial-level projects, including major science and technology projects of Zhejiang province, key projects of provincial natural science fund, and the paid-in expenditure is up to RMB 73.97 million. It won two National Prizes for Progress in Science and Technology (participating), a second prize of the environmental protection science and technology prize (participating), won two first prizes and a second prize of science and technology of Zhejiang, a first prize of environmental protection and technology of Zhejiang, and four China Liang Xi forestry science and technology awards. It has published more than 500 academic papers in core journals or above at home and abroad, including more than 110 SCI, EI papers, its published 20 monographs, obtained 48 authorized national invention patents, 32 utility model patents, and 33 software copyrights. It obtained two Zhejiang science and technology innovation teams.