Postdoctoral Fellow - Frontiers in Immunology
- Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute
- Location: La Jolla, CA
- Job Number: 7086997
- Posting Date: Oct 12, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionSanford Burnham Prebys is a preeminent, independent biomedical research institute dedicated to understanding human biology and disease, and advancing scientific discoveries to profoundly impact human health.
Sanford Burnham Prebys is currently accepting applications for postdoctoral training in our exciting T32 Program: Frontiers in Immunology.
This 2 or 3-year training program is designed to maximize high-impact interdisciplinary training in fundamental and translational immunology, and if desired, postdocs will have the opportunity to participate in an early-stage drug development project. In addition to scientific training, postdocs will participate in professional development programs through which they will gain skills in leadership and management, as well as an understanding of the vast array of career paths in available to them following their training. To learn more about the T32 program, please check out: https://www.sbpdiscovery.org/education/NIH-T32-Fellowships/frontiers-fundamental-translational-immunology.
Postdoctoral eligibility requirements:
1. Must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident
2. Have a PhD, MD, MD/PhD, or doctoral equivalent (MDs must be committed to training in immunology research without clinical responsibilities)
3. Must be within 3 years of obtaining a PhD or equivalent
1. Application (download here)
2. Cover Letter
3. Curriculum Vitae
4. A one-page personal statement describing:
- Your interest in the T32 Program
- How the T32 Program will support your professional goals
5. A one-page research statement describing:
- Your research experiences
- How your research aligns with the T32 Program
- How your participation in the program will support your research goals
The scientists at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute are making research breakthroughs in cancer, neuroscience, immunology, and children's disease. We are also at the forefront of finding solutions for emerging health threats such as COVID-19, where we are working to identify drugs that may help millions of people. During our more than 40 year history, we have established an NCI-designated Cancer Center, designed one of the most sophisticated drug discovery centers in the nonprofit world, and created global collaborations that are leading to preventions, treatments and cures to improve human health.
Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability – committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law. For additional information about your rights as an applicant, click HERE.
If you need an accommodation seeking employment with Sanford Burnham Prebys, please email email@example.com. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.