Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School
- Location: Boston, MA
- Job Number: 7087032
- Posting Date: Oct 12, 2021
Job DescriptionPOSTDOC POSITION AVAILABLE
The Gopal Laboratory at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School is seeking a motivated individual for the position of Postdoctoral Research Fellow. This postdoctoral position is open to recent PhDs, MDs, or MD/PhDs with experience in immunology and molecular biology.
The driving goal of our laboratory is to define immune mechanisms in chronic inflammatory disorders and cancer, while working towards identifying novel biomarkers of disease and therapeutic interventions. We utilize gene targeting in mouse models of disease, clinical patient samples, and relevant cell culture systems to study the cellular and molecular basis of immune-mediated disorders. A major focus of the lab has been microRNA regulation of immune responses and RNA medicine in multiple sclerosis, inflammatory bowel diseases, and colorectal cancer. A candidate with a background and strong research interest in any of these areas is encouraged to apply. For more information, please see our lab website https://gopal.bwh.harvard.edu.
Ph.D. in Immunology (preferred) or Biological/Biomedical Sciences or 3+ years of research experience in immunology.
• Independently design and perform experiments
• Accurately document experiments and data
• Analyze and interpret data and draw relevant conclusions
• Contribute to writing of manuscripts, fellowships and grants
• Present results at internal and external meetings/conferences
• Work collaboratively across lab functions and train other junior lab staff as needed
• Proficiency in standard immunology and molecular biology techniques, including multi-color flow cytometry, cloning, and western blotting
• Experienced in genotyping, breeding, and maintaining mouse colonies
• Experience working with mouse models of immune-mediated diseases
• Experience working with cell culture; both primary and cell lines
• Ability to independently complete research projects
• Ability to collaborate and routinely work as a team
• Strong interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to follow safety procedures and to maintain a safe work environment
• Possess strong attention to detail, time management, excellent recordkeeping and organizational skills
If interested, please send a curriculum vitae and the names of three references via email to Dr. Murugaiyan Gopal at firstname.lastname@example.org.