Postdoctoral Appointee – Electrode Materials for Environmental Extractions
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Location: Lemont, IL
- Job Number: 7087696 (Ref #: ANL-411612)
- Posting Date: Oct 22, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Materials Science Division has an immediate opening for a Postdoctoral Appointment. The candidate will conduct experiments and develop new electrode materials for the targeted extraction of critical minerals from environmental water sources. The position requires experience in electrochemistry and analytical chemistry. Candidates with experience in organic electrochemistry and/or carbon electrode architectures are highly sought. This position is open immediately and is based on renewable yearly contract. Interested candidates should submit a full CV and names/contact of three referees.
Safety, Security, and Environmental Protection: All activities, as they apply to work performed by self or by personnel under supervision, will be executed in compliance with ES&H and security responsibilities established by Argonne National Laboratory's ES&H policies, Safeguards and Security policies, work rules, and safe practices.
This position description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbent. Consequently, job incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- The prospective candidate is expected to hold a Ph.D. in chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering, or a closely related field.
- Considerable experience with running electrochemical experiments, ideally with a focus on synthesis/fabrication and characterization of novel electrode materials.
- Experience with analytical chemistry methods, including but not limited to: UV-vis and other molecular spectroscopies, elemental analysis, surface spectroscopy or surface analysis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- To be eligible, candidates must have completed their Ph.D. within the last three years.
- Experience synthesizing or modifying carbon electrode materials.
- Experience with organic synthesis.
- Experience working with redox organic flow battery systems.
Job FamilyPostdoctoral Family
Job ProfilePostdoctoral Appointee
Worker TypeLong-Term (Fixed Term)
Time TypeFull time
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.