Postdoctoral Research Fellow/Research Investigator
- University of Michigan
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Job Number: 7088099
- Posting Date: Oct 29, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionA research laboratory in the Department of Radiology, University of Michigan is looking for a highly-qualified, self-motivated individual to join our research program as post-doctoral fellow or Research Investigator in medical image analysis and computer-aided diagnosis. The research will involve development of clinical decision support tools for various diseases using machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques.
The ideal candidate will have
• a PhD degree in computer science, electrical or biomedical engineering, medical physics, or related fields,
• training or work experience in digital image processing, computer vision, artificial intelligence, neural networks, deep learning, machine learning, and statistics,
• hands-on experiences in software design and implementation using C/C++, Python, Matlab,
• strong communication skills, and ability to work independently and with an interdisciplinary team.
Any of the following qualifications will be a plus
• knowledge and experience in medical imaging,
• experience in development of graphics software and user interfaces,
• experience in development of software in a group environment.
Candidates who possess a strong motivation to pursue academic research are encouraged to apply. The position will be commensurate with qualifications. Interested applicants should send their curriculum vitae and three names and telephone numbers of references to the following address. The University of Michigan is a non-discriminatory, affirmative action Employer.
1500 E. Medical Center Drive Box 5842