- Argonne National Laboratory
- Location: Lemont, IL
- Job Number: 7088498 (Ref #: ANL-411073)
- Posting Date: Nov 5, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We invite applications for a Postdoctoral Appointee in Argonne’s Electrochemical Energy Storage group to conduct advanced research on high-energy, lithium-ion battery systems.
In this role you will:
- Synthesize novel composite cathode structures for Li-ion batteries and modify the surfaces through various synthesis/processing strategies.
- Design, analyze and interpret experiments to clarify the structure/property relationship of materials.
- Present findings to the community through publications and presentations.
We expect you to have:
- A strong understanding of standard battery materials characterization techniques such as X-ray diffraction, absorption, and electrochemical testing of cells.
- Knowledge of solid state and wet-chemical synthesis methods.
- An excellent record and knowledge of standard laboratory practices and safety procedures is a strict prerequisite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- The level of knowledge required is typically achieved through a formal education in physics, chemistry, or materials science at the Ph.D. level with 0 to 2 years of experience; or the equivalent through practical application in a laboratory.
Job FamilyPostdoctoral Family
Job ProfilePostdoctoral Appointee
Worker TypeLong-Term (Fixed Term)
Time TypeFull time
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.