Postdoctoral Fellow - Jaroslaw Maciejewski Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: United States, OH
- Job Number: 7089313 (Ref #: 15660235328)
- Posting Date: Nov 17, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Jarsoslaw Maciejewski within the Department of Translational Hematology and Oncology Research at the Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute. The areas of research include leukemia genetics, targeted drug discovery, molecular and immune pathogenesis of myeloid leukemias, myelodysplastic syndromes and bone marrow failure. We are a highly productive laboratory and nationally recognized clinical and research program in these diseases The ideal candidate should have a strong background in team science, creativity, problem solving, and a deep passion for their work and the scientific process. We are looking for highly motivated aspiring young scientists who want to launch their career in hematology and cancer research. A successful candidate must have completed, or be nearing completion of a PhD or MD/PhD. Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
Principal Investigator: Jaroslaw Maciejewski, MD, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Translational Hematology & Oncology Research
Lab Research Topics:
- Leukemia genetics
- Targeted drug discovery
- Molecular and immune pathogenesis of myeloid leukemias
- Myelodysplastic syndromes and bone marrow failure
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Develop 1-2 projects
- Work with the team to assist collaborative projects
- Keep extensive and accurate records
- Gain proficiency in cellular and molecular techniques
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
- Research statement
- At least 2 references
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.