Postdoctoral Fellow - Vijay Krishna Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7089661 (Ref #: 18730533280)
- Posting Date: Nov 24, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Vijay Krishna at the Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic to design nanotechnology enabled healthcare solutions. The successful candidates will join a multidisciplinary team of investigators for design and evaluation of novel nanomaterials for neurodegenerative, and metabolic diseases. Specifically, the position will focus on designing novel catalytic nanomaterials for replacing dysfunctional enzymes. Along these same lines, the molecular, biochemical and immunological mechanisms will be deciphered.
Candidates should have Ph.D. in nanomedicine, chemical engineering, materials science, biomedical engineering or biochemistry. Successful candidates should have demonstrated expertise in synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials, and molecular biology techniques. Special consideration will be given to applicants with additional expertise in cellular and animal models.
Prospective candidates must be creative, self-motivated and capable of working independently. Candidates must be proficient in both spoken and written communication in English. Candidates will be expected to independently design and conduct experiments, statistically analyze data and write manuscripts and reports.
Interested candidates should submit a brief summary of research expertise, curriculum vitae and contact information for 3 references to Dr. Vijay Krishna ([email protected])
Principal Investigator: Vijay Krishna, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Biomedical Engineering
Lab Research Topics:
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Metabolic disease
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/bme/krishna/or contact Dr. Krishna at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Synthesize and characterize nanomaterials
- Analyze data and write manuscripts
- Train graduate and undergraduate students
- Maintain safe work environment
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
- Research Statement
- Reference list
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Nanotechnology, nanomaterials, nanomedicine, catalysis, enzymes, Neurodegenerative, Cancer, Cardiovascular, Metabolic
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.