Post-Doctoral Research Associate
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso
- Location: El Paso, TX
- Job Number: 7089779
- Posting Date: Nov 29, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionApplications are now being accepted for a Postdoctoral Research Associate position in the laboratory of Huanyu Dou, M.D., in the Center of Emphasis in Infectious Diseases, Department of Molecular and Translational Medicine at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso.
The laboratory focuses on the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying the systemic immune responses in stroke and cerebral global ischemia; on the development of novel nanoparticle-based systems that integrate imaging and drug/gene delivery capabilities for glioma and for neuro-protection in stroke; and on new therapeutic approaches to treat neuroAIDS by activation of macrophages/microglia.
Candidates with the following qualifications are encouraged to apply.
• Highly motivated individuals with a Ph.D. in molecular biology, physiology, biology, biochemistry or equivalent doctorate (e.g., D.Sc., M.D.)
• Experience in standard molecular biology techniques like cell culture, recombinant DNA techniques, proteomic techniques, imaging techniques, etc. Also, experience in working with animal models.
• Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
• Ability to integrate resources, policies, and information for the determination of procedures, solutions and other outcomes.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with other employees and the public. Ability to plan and allocate the workload of employees, providing direct training and supervision as needed.
• Ph.D. in cancer gene therapy, and gene delivery.
• Experience with nanoparticle-based imaging and drug/gene delivery systems.
• Knowledge of all related regulatory policies and procedures relevant to field of research study (i.e. IACUC, IBC, CITI).
TTUHSC El Paso is a newly independent institution with a medical, dental and nursing schools, and a graduate school of biomedical sciences. TTUHSC El Paso is located in the second largest binational metropolitan area on the U.S.-Mexico border. It provides the opportunities and environment for direct intellectual and interpersonal exchanges among scientists, doctors and graduate students on one campus.
The city of El Paso is nestled between the beautiful Franklin Mountains and the Rio Grande River and has over 300 days of sunshine a year. It ranks among the top 10 “Safest Metro Cities in America” in the 2019 SafeWise report. El Paso also is one of the most affordable cities in Texas, and ranks among the top 20 cities with the lowest cost of living in America in 2020 Niche rankings.
To apply, interested candidates should submit an online application at http://careers.texastech.edu and reference the relevant Job Requisition ID: 26014BR. You may contact with Dr. Dou at [email protected] for more detailed job information.