Postdoctoral Fellow position in Cancer Immunotherapy
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Location: Little Rock, AR
- Job Number: 7089920
- Posting Date: Dec 1, 2021
Job DescriptionA Postdoctoral Fellow position is available at Dr. William Lu’s laboratory (https://medicine.uams.edu/pathology/faculty/william-lu-ph-d/), at the Department of Pathology, the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS). The primary focus of the laboratory is the development of T cell-based immunotherapies against cancers, including CAR-T, TCR-T and TIL therapies. The secondary focus is the development of new next-generation sequencing techniques, including single-cell techniques, in order to study and improve current immunotherapies. Candidates who are interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letters to ([email protected]).
• Ph.D. in science or related field.
• Laboratory skills in Molecular Biology and Immunology preferred.
The Postdoctoral Fellow supports the research of a funded faculty investigator. Under general direction and with considerable latitude to exercise of independent judgment, provides direct research support at the professional level by directing and executing small, complex research projects or major aspects of larger research projects. This position will design, organize, and conduct highly specialized and advanced experiments using established scientific protocols and procedures and, in some cases develop new protocols; summarize findings, and publish results in research journals. Additionally, this position will assume general responsibility for scientific operations of the laboratory and provide supervision and guidance to students, and researchers.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
• Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
• Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
• Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
• Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
• Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
• Career Training and Educational Opportunities
• Merchant Discounts
• Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience
• Conducts research as outlined in funded and proposed grant applications with minimal supervision from Principal Investigators (PIs).
• Assists with preparing grant proposals, publications, and research presentations.
• Ensures that lab staff are appropriately trained and compliant with protocols.
• Independently develops and/or modifies research protocols and collects background information for ongoing and future experiments.
• Troubleshoots new and existing experimental approaches and makes recommendation for research refinement.
• Assists PIs and laboratory staff in identifying and implementing new technology and techniques required to complete existing or new project goals.
• Maintains proper records of experiments in detail.
• Documents all experimental results including photos where appropriate.
• Prepares manuscripts for publication and other meeting abstracts, assisting other lab members in these duties.
• Participates in supervising technicians and students at PIs’ lab.
• May participate in periodic site visits from sponsor, regulatory authorities, and others to review research, source documentation, and research procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).