Post Doctoral Associate
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Location: Worcester, MA
- Job Number: 7090342
- Posting Date: Dec 8, 2021
- Application Deadline: Feb 8, 2022
Post- Doctoral Position
Location: University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA
Opportunity for an outstanding post-doctoral applicant with possible career advancement: statistical genomic analyses, gene discovery and function, meta-analyses, genetic epidemiologic projects, prediction modeling, etc. Individual will conduct analyses of large datasets, write manuscripts, and present at scientific meetings.
This position qualifies for visa sponsorship
Conduct analysis of epidemiologic data, genotype and sequencing data, gene-environment analyses, meta-analyses and similar analyses. Interface and actively collaborate with other researchers.
Disciplines: Epidemiology, genetic epidemiology, bioinformatics, statistical genetics with strong quantitative skills.
Ph.D. in quantitative epidemiology, genetic-epidemiology, statistical genetics or bioinformatics and
• 3+ years-Skill (Preferred), experience and good working knowledge of genetic databases and websites, as well as computational programs such as Operating Systems (e.g. UNIX, LINUX, Windows); Scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Bash, Tcl); Programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++) and statistical programming (R or MatLab), PLINK, SAS.
• Proven ability to analyze large epidemiologic datasets and human genome-wide data
• Record of high-quality publications and oral presentations preferable.
• Thorough knowledge of principles and techniques used in such research projects including knowledge of potential biases, population structure and how to assess them in study design and analyses.
• Experience in programming biology-related software for data mining (e.g. genome sequences) required
• Self-starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
• Team player, willing to teach and share
Highly qualified candidates will have:
• Hands-on experience in large-scale data analysis
• Experience in data management, statistical computing, SAS, etc.
• Understanding of basic molecular biology
• Ability to manage and steer research projects
• Ability to prepare manuscripts for publication in top tier journals
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Apply here: https://www.click2apply.net/V7MRk5cAwjE2UmyC42aG