Postdoctoral Fellow - Michael Kattan Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7090504 (Ref #: 19783505024)
- Posting Date: Dec 13, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator: Michael Kattan, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Quantitative Health Sciences
Lab Research Topics:
- Statistical prediction modeling
- Machine learning
- Electronic health records research
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: http:/riskcalc.org or http://www.lerner.ccf.org/qhs/kattan/?publications
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Explore advanced topic related to statistical prediction modeling and methodology
- Strong scientific writing skills
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Background in Biostatistics or related quantitative field
- Demonstrated proficiency in R
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials: Please send a cover letter, CV, research statement and list of 3-5 references
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Prediction, Modeling,
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.