Postdoctoral Fellow in Supercomputing Performance
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Location: Berkeley, CA
- Job Number: 7090676 (Ref #: 94540)
- Posting Date: Dec 15, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPostdoctoral Fellow in Supercomputing Performance - 94540
Organization: AM-Applied Mathematics and Computational Research
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab’s (LBNL, https://www.lbl.gov/) Applied Mathematics and Computational Sciences Division has an opening for a Postdoctoral Fellow in Supercomputing Performance to join the team.
In this exciting role, you will develop performance analysis, modeling, and tuning techniques for scientific simulation and AI applications. The duties of this position also involves runtime development and tuning for GPU-accelerated distributed memory HPC systems.
What You Will Do:
• Analyze and model performance of scientific and AI applications.
• Develop and tune algorithms and runtimes for GPU-accelerated HPC systems.
• Participate in a multidisciplinary team involving computer scientists, applied mathematicians, and domain scientists with the purpose of developing and deploying these codes for the solution of scientific and engineering problems.
• Document work and results in the form of journal papers and conference proceedings.
• Present work and results at scientific meetings.
What is Required:
• PhD degree, within the last 3 years, in computer science, applied math, computational science, or a related technical field.
• Experience in using at least one of the GPU programming models (e.g. OpenMP, OpenACC, or vendor-specific ones).
• Familiarity with performance profiling infrastructures.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Familiarity with the design of machine learning frameworks, such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, MXNet, etc.
• Familiarity with runtime system development for distributed computing environments.
• Familiarity with python internals and interoperability with the C/C++/GPU programming models.
• Strong background in parallel computer architectures, accelerators, and memory technologies.
• This is a full-time 2 year postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs. You must have less than 3 years of paid postdoctoral experience. Salary for Postdoctoral positions depends on years of experience post-degree.
• This position is represented by a union for collective bargaining purposes.
• Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
• Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://18.104.22.168/counter.php?id=216653 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Based on University of California Policy - SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program and U.S Federal Government requirements, Berkeley Lab requires that all members of our community obtain the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they are eligible. As a condition of employment at Berkeley Lab, all Covered Individuals must Participate in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program by providing proof of Full Vaccination or submitting a request for Exception or Deferral. Visit covid.lbl.gov for more information.
Berkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA, https://diversity.lbl.gov/ideaberkeleylab/) and strives to continue building community with these shared values and commitments. Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the Lab's mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity and IDEA Information Links:
Know your rights, click here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters) for the supplement: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) under 41 CFR 60-1.4.