Postdoctoral Research Fellow for Nanomedicine focused research
- University of Michigan
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Job Number: 7091421
- Posting Date: Jan 6, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Description:
After almost 30 years of research and struggle, our lab finally developed a new nanomedicine design strategy, which is drug specific, nanocarrier specific, disease specific, and cell type specific. Using these new strategies, we have developed nano delivery system achieving long-term and durable cancer remission in metastatic cancers including triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. We have also developed new anticancer peptide vaccine strategy to achieve long-term anticancer efficacy. These data are currently under review in Science Translational Medicine and Nature Nanotechnology. We are currently expanding this new strategy for mRNA cancer vaccine delivery.
If you are passionate about fighting pancreatic cancer and triple-negative breast cancer; interested in nanotechnology in drug delivery, vaccine delivery, and mRNA delivery; curious about new nanomedicine design strategy, we welcome you to apply for two postdoctoral fellow positions at the College of Pharmacy of The University of Michigan.
We welcome candidates with a Ph.D. degree (or MD degree) in pharmaceutical sciences, drug delivery, biomedical engineering, biology, biochemistry, cancer biology, pharmacology, or other related fields.
• Create hypotheses, design and perform experiments in nano drug delivery, vaccine delivery, or mRNA delivery
• Evaluate nano delivery system in vitro and in animal cancer models in vivo
• Regular report of research progress in group meeting and active participation in discussion
• Work well independently and as a member of a highly collaborative team
• Write manuscript for publications
• Ph.D. degree (or MD degree) in pharmaceutical sciences, drug delivery, biomedical engineering, biology, biochemistry, cancer biology, pharmacology, or other related fields.
• Strong ability to generate nano delivery system
• Strong ability to perform cell biology and molecular biology experiment in vitro
• Strong ability to perform in vivo animal experiments in animal cancer models
• Solid mechanistic understanding to perform troubleshooting
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please send your CV to: [email protected] or [email protected]