Postdoctoral Fellow - Emily Zabor Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7091469 (Ref #: 20187688624)
- Posting Date: Jan 7, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Dr. Emily Zabor is seeking a postdoctoral researcher in cancer biostatistics. The postdoctoral researcher will be supported in development of analytic and professional skills that will serve them as they progress through the early stages of their career. This will include mentorship in the communication of scientific results, both oral and written, and in conducting effective scientific collaborations. The researcher will also have the opportunity to gain practical experience through collaborative projects with oncologists in the Taussig Cancer Institute.
The postdoctoral researcher will have the option to pursue one of Dr. Zabor’s active areas of research (listed under Lab Research Topics) or to propose and develop a new area of research with applications in cancer biostatistics. Job responsibilities will be determined in partnership, and will depend on the chosen topic of interest and the researcher's career goals (see some examples below under Job Responsibilities). Applicants from diverse academic backgrounds with experience or interest in quantitative methods for cancer research are encouraged to apply. All applications will be considered thoroughly and equally. Please email with any questions.
Principal Investigator: Emily Zabor, DrPH
Lerner Research Institute Department: Quantitative Health Sciences
Lab Research Topics:
- Early phase clinical trial design
- Analysis of observational and electronic health record data
- Analysis of interval-censored time-to-event endpoints
- Use/development of R software for reproducible cancer research
- A new research topic of interest to the researcher with application to cancer biostatistics
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.emilyzabor.com or contact Dr. Zabor at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Pursue independent research on a chosen topic
- Produce results relevant to career goals (e.g. manuscript, R package, website, prediction model)
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Emily Zabor at [email protected].
- Letter of interest describing why you are interested in the position, what you would like to research, what your career goals are, what you hope to produce, and what you would like to gain or learn from the experience.
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Cancer, Biostatistics, Quantitative, R
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.