Postdoctoral Associate- Molecular Biology - Pharmacology & Chemical Biology - Palzkill
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7095303 (Ref #: 10696-en_US)
- Posting Date: Mar 9, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Pharmacology and Chemical Biology department at Baylor College of Medicine is looking for a Postdoctoral Associate with experience in Bacterial Molecular Biology.
- Leads a number of research projects applying molecular or synthetic biology and directed evolution to genes and enzymes that create antibiotics.
- Serves as a foundational member of an emerging laboratory, and thus expected to manage and execute projects with limited direct supervision.
- Communicates within a group setting effectively and proactively and provides secondary mentorship towards potential trainees.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemical Biology, Molecular Biology, Biology, or a related field.
- Familiarity with molecular or synthetic biology methods for DNA manipulation and expression in E. coli.
- Familiarity with enzymology or protein expression and purification would be considered an asset.
- Fluent in English; written and oral.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com