Oncology Medicinal Chemistry Postdoctoral Fellow
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7097253 (Ref #: hlj_34299)
- Posting Date: Apr 5, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Lawrence lab focuses on the design and synthesis of new anti-cancer agents. The goal of the laboratory is to design and synthesize organic molecules to act as selective anticancer agents against a range of molecular targets involved in signal transduction, tumor angiogenesis, and cell cycle control. We work with a team of chemists, molecular biologists, structural biologists, and clinicians to develop novel inhibitors and degraders of key oncogenic targets.
- Opportunity to join a drug discovery team working to inhibit and/or degrade novel molecular anticancer targets
- Integrate chemical expertise with molecular and structural biology.
- Access to cutting edge chemistry analytical equipment and supporting ADME-PK Core
- Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs including T32 Training Grants.
- You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Extensive synthetic organic chemistry experience.
- Strong desire and ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment is essential.
- Highly motivated to apply medicinal chemistry skills to anticancer drug design.
- Prepare and design inhibitors and degraders of key oncogenic proteins
- Develop structure activity relationships and structural models
- Manage project data and compound inventory
- Provide mentorship to research staff.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- MD or PhD in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry.
- Should have at least one first Author publication.
Moffitt Postdocs are provided free employee-only Medical and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, low cost of living and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr.Nicholas Lawrence ([email protected])
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.