Postdoctoral Fellow – Tumor Biology
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7097347 (Ref #: hlj_36861)
- Posting Date: Apr 5, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A post-doctoral position is available immediately in the Department of Tumor Biology at the Moffitt Cancer Center, in Tampa, Florida, USA.
Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute is proud to be Florida’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and the third-largest cancer center in the US, by patient volume. We strive to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Every Team Member of Moffitt focuses on our lasting commitment to our mission: To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
Summary about the lab/PI/projects
One RO1-funded post-doctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Srikumar Chellappan to study various signaling cascades and transcriptional events that regulate tumor initiation, progression and metastasis. We are focusing on the Hippo signaling cascade as well as its interplay with epigenetic regulators like PRMTs in the genesis and progression of lung cancer. Efforts are also underway to develop novel drugs that target the Hippo pathway mediator, YAP1. Ongoing studies also focus on the role of the kinase TBK1 in oncogenesis and immune response, especially in the context of non-small cell lung cancer. Some of our publications can be seen at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/srikumar.chellappan.1/bibliography/public/
- The candidate will obtain excellent training and mentoring in advanced cancer biology and molecular biology
- Significant focus on how our research can be translated to the clinic, with exposure to drug discovery and animal experiments
- Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs.
- You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate should have a recent Ph.D. in molecular biology, cell biology, cancer biology or related fields and be familiar with the latest cell biology and molecular biology techniques, as evidenced by high quality publications.
- Experience in immune cell profiling by FACS and expertise in immunology is highly desirable
- Experience in mouse experiments will be a plus.
- The successful applicant will be expected to design and conduct high quality experiments under the guidance of Dr. Chellappan
- The candidate will be encouraged to work in a collaborative fashion with other personnel
- The applicants will also be expected to draft the first versions of manuscripts and encouraged to apply for independent grants
Credentials and Qualifications:
- The applicant should have a recent PhD in related areas
- Should have at least one first author publication in peer-reviewed international journals
In addition to a fellowship on the NIH scale, you will be eligible for benefits offered to our Team Members – free employee-only Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission, then we have a place for you.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to [email protected]
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.