Postdoctoral Fellow - Daniel McGrail Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7097596 (Ref #: 25987374064)
- Posting Date: Apr 6, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The McGrail lab within the Center for Immunotherapy & Precision Immuno-Oncology at the Cleveland Clinic is seeking motivated researchers at all levels. Our laboratory integrates systems-level approaches with experimental biology to discover novel therapeutic approaches and biomarkers of drug response, primarily in the context of cancer immunotherapy (McGrail et al. Science Translational Medicine 2021) and DNA damage response deficiencies (McGrail et al. Cancer Cell 2020, Fang et al. Cancer Cell 2020).
- You will have numerous training opportunities to gain experience in your preferred areas of interest.
- The McGrail lab is uniquely suited to provide training in both experimental and computational skills.
- As Cleveland Clinic is the No. 2 hospital in the nation, there are plentiful chances to gain clinical/translational research knowledge.
- Highly collaborative and multidisciplinary working environment.
- Open communication with mentor during project development and publication.
- You will be supported if applying for fellowships and other training grants.
- You will have freedom to pursue research avenues based on your own personal interests.
Principal Investigator: Daniel McGrail, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Center for Immunotherapy & Precision Immuno-Oncology
Lab Research Topics:
- Cancer systems biology
- DNA damage response
- Drug resistance
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/citi/mcgrail/ or contact Dr. Daniel McGrail at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Experimental data generation and analysis
- Plan and organize daily tasks associated with project goals
- Communicate results with PI and other colleagues
- Organize data results and maintain associated records
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- In vivo mouse model experience
- Basic molecular biology techniques (western blot, immunostaining, nucleic acid isolation, etc.)
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
Candidates should send a cover letter summarizing research experience and future goals, a current CV, and contact information for 3-5 references to Dr. Daniel McGrail at [email protected].
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Postdoctoral fellowship, Tumor biology, Cancer biology, Immunotherapy, Immuno-oncology, Personalized medicine, Systems biology, DNA damage response
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.