Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Benaroya Research Institute
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Job Number: 7097791 (Ref #: 1766)
- Posting Date: Apr 8, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
At BRI, each role is valued and an important contributor to the vision and mission. BRI is committed to a safe, caring and diverse workplace; as well as to taking action to further our commitments to foster inclusion, equity and belonging so employees feel comfortable bringing their full selves to work. Consider making a difference, join our team. Because together, we are Powering Possibility.
Visit BenaroyaResearch.org or follow BRI’s Autoimmune Life Blog, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
The Buckner Lab is renowned for expertise in translational immunology and human autoimmune disease.
Research in the Buckner Lab focuses on identifying the underlying mechanisms by which the adaptive immune response to self-antigen becomes pathogenic in the setting of human autoimmune study. They use cutting edge techniques and primary human immune cells to study the following autoimmune diseases: type 1 diabetes (T1D), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), muliple sclerosis (MS), systemic lupus erythematosus and irAE in Cancer immunotherapy. They have extensive experience in MHC class II tetramers, T cell cloning, T and B cell functional assays, gene editing and phenotyping of human lymphocytes.
Potential projects in the Buckner Lab include:
• Development of regulatory T cell - based therapies
• Identification and characterization of antigen-specific T cells in rheumatoid arthritis
• Genotype-phenotype studies of genetic variants associated with autoimmune disease
• T cell response to cytokines in autoimmune disease.
• irAE in the setting of cancer immunotherapies
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to conduct research focused on identifying the underlying mechanisms by which the adaptive immune response to self-antigens becomes pathogenic in the setting of human autoimmune disease. This research uses human samples from subjects with autoimmune disease including rheumatoid arthritis, type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus erythematous, and relapsing polychondritis.
The position involves:
• Developing and implementing projects
• Designing and performing experiments
• Writing manuscripts
• Presenting to the scientific community
• Contributing to the preparation of grant applications
• Working as part of a team
• Collaborating within the lab and between labs at BRI and other research institutions
• Recent or anticipated PhD, MD or MD/PhD
• Experience in immunology is desirable
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Collaborative; performs as team member and has good interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and effectively
• Proven track record of problem-solving
• Publication in peer-reviewed journals
Visit https://careers-benaroyaresearch.icims.com/jobs/1766/postdoctoral-research-associate/job to apply for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com