Postdoctoral Fellow - Younho Choi Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL
- Job Number: 7097816 (Ref #: 26843656384)
- Posting Date: Apr 11, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator: Younho Choi, PhD
Department: Florida Research and Innovation Center
Lab Research Topics:
- Viral Tick-Borne Diseases (TBD's)
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/fric/
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Plan, design, and conduct research experiments
- Prepare manuscripts for publication, presentation, and future research
- Participate in various lab activities
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Work collaboratively and collegially as part of a team while developing skills needed as an independent scientist
- Candidate must be highly motivated
- Candidate with a background in virology or closely related filed is strongly preferred
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
- PPE for Biosafety level 3 facility
Preferred Application Materials:
- Brief description of research experience
- List of publications
- 3 references
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, , Research Fellow, Cleveland Clinic, Florida Research and Innovation Center, Global Center for Pathogen Research and Human Health, FRIC
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.