Postdoctoral Research Associate: Neuroscience
- Thomas Jefferson University
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Job Number: 7098082
- Posting Date: Apr 14, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionWe are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, driven, and detail-oriented researcher to join a multi-disciplinary lab and to participate in research projects in neurotoxicology and neurodegenerative disease.
• Conduct molecular studies to examine alterations in epigenetic profiles and gene expression patterns in different brain regions following developmental neurotoxicant exposures and evaluate how these biological effects relate to the expression of cognitive and behavioral deficits in adulthood.
• Participate in studies examining rodent behavioral responses to neurotoxicant exposures.
• Participate in studies of mechanisms contributing to neuroprotection in cellular and animal models relevant to Parkinson’s disease.
• Experience and skill in protein, DNA and mRNA extractions; experience in epigenetics and in particular, studying methylation profiles and a basic understanding of sequencing studies.
• Experience in performing Western blotting studies and qRT-PCR studies.
• Experience in rodent handling and interest in performing rodent behavioral studies
• Expertise in performing cell culture studies and proficiency in microscopy.
• Ph.D. in Neuroscience or a related discipline with a strong background in epigenetics/molecular biology.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter describing their background and interest in the position and a CV to: [email protected]