Applied Postdoctoral Fellow – Integrated Mathematical Oncology
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7098273 (Ref #: hlj_37171)
- Posting Date: Apr 20, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Fellow – Integrated Mathematical Oncology
Multiple Postdoctoral Fellow positions are available in the computational lab of Dr. Kasia Rejniak (http://labpages.moffitt.org/rejniakk/ ) on exciting interdisciplinary research projects in metastatic cancer development and immuno-oncology treatments. We seek talented individuals with a PhD and background in applied mathematics, computer sciences, physics or other computational discipline to work in close collaboration with cancer biologists and clinicians within a unique research environment of the Integrated Mathematical Oncology (IMO) Department.
- Development of novel predictive mathematical designed for specially collected experimental and clinical data
- Working in close collaboration with cancer biologists, immunologists, and clinicians
- Vibrant, multi-disciplinary and diverse research and education environment
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in mathematical or computational methods for modeling biological systems (ODEs, PDEs, ABMs, and/or machine learning), with a preference for those with knowledge of cancer.
- High motivation and enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated creativity and ability to work independently and within the research group.
- Strong programming skills (Matlab, C/C++, Java, Python, R) for modeling and data analysis.
- Design and implement computational models, plan, conduct and document simulation results independently; analyze and visualize model results.
- Collaborate with researchers from wet labs to integrate laboratory data with in silico models.
- Develop scientific writing and presentation skills; write research reports and scientific publications.
- Present research results to the Moffitt scientific community and at national or international scientific meetings.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- PhD and background in applied mathematics, engineering, computer sciences, physics, or a related computational discipline.
- Excellent programming skills.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Rejniak at [email protected] and apply online.
You will be eligible for benefits offered to our Team Members – Moffitt Postdocs are provided free employee-only Medical and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave, and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, low cost of living and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.