CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Quantum Machine Learning for Cyber Security
- Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Job Number: 7098777 (Ref #: cj_83541)
- Posting Date: Apr 27, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Do you have a PhD in quantum technology, machine learning and/or cyber security?
- Want to conduct world class research and development with a team of dedicated professionals?
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
This position falls within a new strategic investment into quantum technology at CSIRO called the Quantum Technologies Future Science Platform (QT-FSP). The Quantum Technologies FSP aims to establish and grow capacity in quantum technology research and development and will become a portfolio of projects that build on CSIRO’s long-standing and deep domain expertise.
The successful candidate will conduct innovative, impactful research on quantum machine learning (ML) and quantum-inspired ML to improve cyber security.
Your duties will include:
- Carrying out innovative, impactful research on quantum machine learning (ML) and quantum inspired ML to improve cyber security that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Recognising and exploiting opportunities of quantum ML and quantum-inspired ML to improve cyber security for innovation and the generation of new theoretical perspectives, and progress opportunities for the further development or creation of new lines of research.
- Helping to build strategic relationship with QT-FSP, industry, and academic partners.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues within the team, QT-FSP, and across CSIRO.
Location: Sydney, NSW
Salary: AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as quantum technology, machine learning, cyber security, or similar. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (full-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Basic knowledge of quantum computing/quantum algorithms, and/or machine learning.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
8 June 2022, 11:00pm AEST
We’re working hard to build a safe and welcoming culture where people can bring their whole selves to work. Valuing and enabling difference empowers our people, unlocking their potential to innovate and shape the future for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today. We're the people that stay awake solving the world’s big questions. This is true of our science and of our people. Our mission is to create benefit for Australia through impactful science and innovation but we know that that's not possible without an inclusive and diverse culture. We're working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com