Postdoctoral Fellowship in Translational Research
- The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7098890
- Posting Date: Apr 28, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionTRIUMPH (Translational Research in Multi-Disciplinary Program) Postdoctoral Fellowship provides training in clinical and translational research. The immediate goal of this program is to recruit talented and productive Ph.D. students from top graduate programs to provide continued training in clinical and/or translational cancer research through didactic course work, clinical rotations, and unique, interdisciplinary mentorships. A long-term goal of this program is to produce translational scientists who can be teamed with suitable physician scientists to PI a translational research laboratory.
This is a three-year training program. First year postdoctoral fellows participate in a series of didactic clinical course work offered at the MD Anderson UTHealth Graduate School (GSBS), MD Anderson Cancer Center, or the UTHealth McGovern School of Medicine and strategically matched clinical rotations, while pursuing research in a basic or translational research laboratory. Second and third year fellows are co-mentored by a basic science/translational scientist mentor and a physician/clinical scientist mentor on clinical/translational research projects.
1. Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. from a top graduate program (U.S. or abroad) in any of the life or natural sciences within the last three years
2. Current graduates within one year of their anticipated defense date, those who have graduated within the last three years, and/or those with less than one and a half years of post-doc experience are encouraged to apply
3. Dedicated to pursuing translational cancer research
4. Publications in top tier journals (must have at least one accepted or published first or co-first author paper in a journal with an impact factor >8 at the time of application)
5. United States citizenship or permanent residency is not required. All foreign fellows must have an active visa for the duration of the fellowship
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
TRIUMPH Postdoctoral Fellowship
1515 Holcome Blvd Houston, TX 77030