POST DOC FELLOW_Head and Neck-Endocrine Oncology Dept.
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7098927 (Ref #: hlj_37293)
- Posting Date: Apr 29, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Department of Head and Neck-Endocrine Oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL invites applications for a postdoctoral fellowship in the laboratory of Dr. Christine H. Chung.
Dr. Chung’s laboratory is focused on characterizing the hypoxic tumor immune microenvironment of head and neck cancer and the translation of wet lab findings to the bedside in biomarker-driven clinical trials. https://moffitt.org/providers/christine-chung/
Moffitt Cancer Center proudly supports innovative core facilities for flow cytometry, cellular therapy, proteomics, molecular biology, structural biology, microarray, analytic microscopy, drug discovery, and biostatistics. Moffitt Cancer Center also offers a state-of-the-art vivarium, equipped with onsite advanced imaging facilities. This includes CT, MRI, ultrasound, and in vivo bioluminescence systems.
- Trainees will develop expertise in preclinical and translational research in molecular oncology, immuno-oncology, and therapeutic resistance to cancer drugs.
- Trainees will have the opportunity to collaborate with academic and industry partners to develop and test novel treatments in mouse models and work in an interdisciplinary team comprised of clinicians, cancer biologists, immunologists, computational biologists, and biostatisticians.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Candidates must have a practical skillset in routine lab procedures such as western blotting, cell culture, real-time PCR, and/or multi-well plate assays.
- Familiarity with techniques such as ELISpot, flow cytometry, and small animal experiments is highly preferred.
- The candidate must be well-organized and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- The individual should be able to work independently and effectively on several projects. The ability to work collaboratively is a must.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- MD or Ph.D. degree in Cancer Biology / Immunology / Cell Biology / Pharmacology (or related field) is required.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.