Post Doc Fellow_Cancer Epidemiology
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7099030 (Ref #: 54991)
- Posting Date: Apr 30, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
The main theme of the Monteiro lab is the integration of epidemiological, genomic, and proteomics datasets to explore the role of genetic variation on cancer predisposition, development, and treatment. We apply a systems biology approach to three interconnected problems in cancer (https://moffitt.org/research-science/researchers/alvaro-monteiro/).
- Multi-disciplinary training in cancer genetics, biochemistry, and epidemiology
- Opportunity to participate in several large international consortia
- Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs including T32 Training Grants.
- You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Expertise in the functional analysis of Cancer GWAS loci
- Experience with molecular biology assays used for functional analysis
- Expertise in genetic variant classification
- Bioinformatics skills
- Lead projects related to GWAS follow-up studies
- Manage large datasets
- Develop functional assays and web-base tools for the analysis of genetic variants
Credentials and Qualifications:
- MD or PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related field
- Should have at least one first Author publication.
You will be eligible for benefits offered to our Team Members – Moffitt Postdocs are provided free employee-only Medical and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave, and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, low cost of living and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission, then we have a place for you!
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.